Sara Fathi-Nejad is an attorney licensed to practice law in North Carolina and the District of Columbia. She started her legal career in Washington DC, where she focused her practice on representing individuals and small businesses in both litigation and transactional matters. While practicing in Washington DC, Ms. Fathi-Nejad was active with the Capitol Hill Chamber of Commerce, where she advocated for Capitol Hill businesses and the greater Capitol Hill community.
In 2012, Ms. Fathi-Nejad was offered a partnership with Atwater Law to launch Appeal the Decision®, a division of Atwater Law, where she devoted the majority of her practice to representing claimants who have been denied unemployment benefits in the State of North Carolina. Since then, Ms. Fathi-Nejad has focused her practice on Employment Law, where she has successfully represented hundreds of clients throughout North Carolina, making sure they obtain the compensation that they deserve. Ms. Fathi-Nejad mainly represents individuals who have been retaliated against and terminated through no fault of their own, and individuals who have been accused of misconduct connected with work.
- Juris Doctor, University of the District of Columbia, David A. Clarke School of Law, Washington, D.C.
- Bachelor of Commerce & Business Administration, University of British Columbia, Sauder School of Business, Vancouver, B.C.
- North Carolina State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Fourteenth Judicial Bar
- Low-Income Tax Clinic
- Community Development Clinic (CDC)
- Center for Immigration and Research